Saturday, May 2, 2020

Food Trip: ECQ Cooking-Impelya


On Sunday's cooking, we will feature "Impelya".

It is a Visayan term for the certain part of the pork that is sold in our public market. I tried to research for the English description but couldn't find something in particular, so i just live it behind at the moment. If you have any idea, don't hesitate to drop by your  comment.

The ECQ, are testing are so-called "diskarte". They say only those who are street-smart will only have an edge of this quarantine to survive. Work are suspended and we have limited resources. So aside from being smart you need to be resourceful as well...this is what the coronavirus is teaching us. 

In one of my visits in Minglanilla Public Market, I drop buy into a certain stall that offered intestines, liver and on other parts of the pig that was not being sold on a normal stall. I already bought "Bangus" and "Pork belly and Hocks". But I got interested into "Impelya", I remember my mother use to fry this and later take its oil. Compared to the regular pork meat, its cheaper sold at P50 per kilo. It's one fatty cooking I said to myself. 


I bought 2 kilos and fried it at home. What amazed me, I was able to get around 500ml oil from it and mixed the fried ones into the fried noodles and "uyap" (salted shrimp). I haven't cook my pork meat yet, which I bought at P220 per kilo and my "bangus" at P200 per kilo. Three dishes for a much cheaper one. It may not be as healthy but for survival, why not?!



I'm interested now, to improve the "uyap+impelya" because it is more likely be a side dish with all other spices. "Kalas ug Kan-on" hahaha...

That's all for now on Sunday's Cooking... See you next week. | bp


If you are sick and think you have symptoms of COVID-19, seek medical attention, call the local Coronavirus Health Information Line for advice: 0922-397-2334 / 0943-568-3298 / (032) 402-3091 / (032) 402-1269. 
IMPORTANT NOTE: Information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without prior notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment